Sunday, November 16, 2008

Clogging at the Kent Folk Festival

Every year for quite a while I've had the pleasure of teaching clogging at the Kent Folk Festival. This year I taught two classes - beginning and intermediate - and had a great group of enthusiastic learners.

I always get requests for where to learn more, but unfortunately there's not a lot of options for traditional clogging (vs. contemporary) in this area.  But those who are bound and determined can contact me for private lessons in Chardon.

Other options are to buy a DVD.  Though I don't own any clogging instructionals, I do know and can recommend dancers Sandy Silva, Evie Ladin and Ira Bernstein.  You can find their products at Elderly Instruments.

Options for dancing to live old-time music are the Shindigs in Kent (at Professor's Pub from 7-10 pm on the first Sunday of each month), and during the summer at Monday night jams on Chardon Square (bring a step-a-tune for that one).




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura,

Thanks for your advice on clogging and shoes last week. I ordered an Evie Ladin DVD online and have been looking for leather soled shoes.

Karl is really happy to finally be taking banjo lessons from Paul. It is one on his Christmas presents from me this year.

Read your blog about your mom growing up in Calcutta. We've been to India once, and would love to go again sometime.

Judy Churchill

Carol said...

Love this idea for a blog! I'm bookmarking it!